Improper grading or drainage can cause a range of issues. Water pooling on your property can erode soil or seep into your foundation, compromising the structural integrity of your home or business. These and other issues can be avoided by having a professional level your land or install appropriate drainage systems that redirect water run-off.
At Mountain Septic, we provide high-quality drainage and grading service in Durango. Our team works hard to correct water problems. When you hire us, we will assess your property, identify water pooling causes, and locate areas in need of management systems. Equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge, and technology, we provide fast, reliable service. Our professionals adhere to industry standards to ensure that the project is done correctly and safely. We will go above and beyond to get the job completed to your specifications.
Drainage Solutions in Durango, CO
Whether caused by rain, snow, or external irrigation, excess water on your property can be managed in several ways. But not all solutions are suitable for every home or business. At Mountain Septic, we know that our customers have different needs. That is why we will fully evaluate your property to determine which options may be best for your situation.
Our Durango drainage professionals will review the various management systems and answer questions or concerns you might have. Our priority is to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about the type of service we perform at your home or business.
A few of our drainage services include:
- Foundation drains: These systems are installed around the exterior of your foundation. A perforated pipe buried near the footing collects groundwater and funnels it away from your property.
- French drains: Like foundation drains, French drains involve using perforated pipes to move water away from your property. They are installed in areas more susceptible to water pooling.
- Exterior drainage: A range of exterior drainage systems exist. The type we would recommend for your property depends on your needs. Examples include gutter and downspout systems, which drain roof water away from the structure; dry creek beds, which involve digging a trench, covering it with landscape fabric to prevent vegetation growth, and laying rocks on top to mimic a natural dry creek; and swales, which are similar to dry creek beds but also include subdrainage pipes and drain inlets to further direct water flow.
- Culvert installation and removal: Culverts are tunnel-like structures allowing water to flow under a roadway or other path. They must be installed precisely to account for water flow during the different seasons and the weight of vehicles or other conveyances that must pass over them.
Contact our team to learn more about the drainage services we offer in Durango. To schedule a Durango drainage or grading service, please reach out to us by calling (970) 238-7884 or submitting an online contact form today.
Are There Any Environmental Factors in Durango, CO That Contribute to Drain Issues?
Durango, Colorado, like many other areas, experiences environmental factors that can contribute to drainage issues. Some of the key environmental factors in Durango that can lead to drainage problems include:
1.High Precipitation: Durango receives a significant amount of annual precipitation, especially during the monsoon season in late summer. Heavy rainfall can overwhelm drainage systems, causing flooding and erosion.
2. Mountainous Terrain: Durango is nestled in the San Juan Mountains, which feature steep slopes and rugged terrain. This natural topography can lead to rapid water runoff during rainstorms, making drainage management challenging.
3. Snowmelt: The region's heavy snowfall in winter can result in a rapid thaw in the spring. This snowmelt can overload drainage systems and cause localized flooding, particularly in low-lying areas.
4. Wildfires: Durango and its surrounding areas are prone to wildfires, which can alter the landscape and make it more susceptible to erosion and debris flow during heavy rains, further affecting drainage.
5. Silt and Sediment: The Animas River, which runs through Durango, carries sediment and silt from upstream areas. Over time, this sediment can accumulate in drainage channels and reduce their capacity, leading to blockages and drainage problems.
We'll Keep You Informed
We pride ourselves on our 5-star communication throughout the entire process. We believe clear communication is the key to a successful transaction.
Exceed All Expectations
Our job doesn’t end once we leave. We will provide you with a detailed analysis of the work we completed along with a map of where your septic is located. We will also provide you with a custom maintenance schedule to keep your system optimized for performance.
We place our reputation above all else. We will diagnose what services you need, perform the task you hired us to do and clean up after ourselves once the job is done.
Your Time is Valued
We value your time as much as ours. Our techs will send you a text message when they are 30 minutes away from your home. No more waiting around all day!
Grading involves leveling out the land around your property. It ensures that any slopes on your property are directed away from and not towards your home or business, keeping water from collecting around your structures.
At Mountain Septic, we level and pile soil using manual or mechanical techniques, ensuring that the ground is properly packed and graded. Our services facilitate positive drainage by creating gradual slopes on your property or structure and putting drains in necessary locations to keep water flowing in appropriate directions.
Schedule a Draining and Grading Service in Durango Today
Draining and grading services prevent water damage, reduce erosion, and keep your property free of standing water that can create hazardous conditions. Because it’s essential to ensure that systems are strategically designed and installed, it’s crucial to get Mountain Septic on the job. We deliver quality workmanship and attend to the details when completing a project.
“The technician was knowledgeable, pleasant, answered all my questions and worked through some issues of frozen ground and a frozen lid on the septic tank. I was very happy with the service.”John P.