Dedicated to Providing High-Quality & Professional Services
If you are interested in beautifying your property, you may consider having a pond, settling pond, or fountain installed. The technicians at Mountain Septic are skilled highly-trained professionals, and we can help you excavate, lay the foundation, and clean your water feature. We are known for our dedication to excellence, efficiency, clear communication, and results, and whatever your pond and fountain needs may be, we are here and equipped to help you.
Pond & Fountain Services in Durango
Cost Factors to Dig a Pond
A backyard pond can cost anywhere from a few thousand dollars to fifteen thousand dollars depending upon a variety of factors, including:
- The size of the pond, because the more square feet that need to be excavated, the larger the expense.
- The type of soil on your property as that can affect excavation and land clearing costs.
- The location of the pond, because more landscaping and work may be required based on where on your property you plan to place the pond.
- The additional features you opt to install, such as liner, edging material, etc., can also increase the cost.
- The type of pond you want also impacts the cost; a simple backyard pond has a different cost than a fishing or koi pond.
Do I Need a Permit to Build a Pond?
Yes, in most cases, you should obtain a permit before building your pond. Your local code enforcement agency should give out permits. Before beginning the project, you should consult with our professionals as we can advise on whether you need a permit and on how to place your pond (i.e. how far away from your home it should be) to adhere to regulations.
Why You Might Install a Pond or Fountain
There are many benefits to installing a pond or fountain on your property. A pond or fountain can be a great addition as they:
- Add color and life to your landscape. These water features are aesthetically pleasing, and if nothing else, installing either a pond or fountain to your garden can increase your property’s beauty.
- Create a natural atmosphere to relax. Many people install a pond or fountain to create an outdoor entertainment area, and installing a pond or fountain can make a backyard or property an even better entrainment area.
- Promote a healthy environment. A pond can improve your mental health and mood because of the soothing sounds and aesthetics.
- Promote healthy air circulation. A pond can help increase the oxygen level in the surrounding area, which can improve plant life and soothe those who surround it.
- Increase the growth of natural wildlife. If you install either a pond or fountain, you will improve the ecosystem as birds, butterflies, and other wildlife may be attracted to it.
- Increase your property value. A pond or fountain on your property can add monetary value to your property, and in the event that you decide to sell, your property will not only stand out in the market but will also benefit you financially.
What Is the Best Base for a Fountain?
When you install an outdoor fountain, you should also ensure the fountain has a good base. The most popular choice for support is a concrete pad, which can help your fountain remain in place rather than shift. It is best to retain our professional services as it relates to laying the foundation as concrete needs to be mixed properly and poured evenly, and we have more experience in laying a foundation.
Importance of Pond Maintenance
A stagnant or dirty pond can house a lot of harmful bacteria that are toxic to people, wildlife, and pets alike, which is why you should schedule routine pond maintenance/cleaning services. How often you should have your pond cleaned depends on the size and location of the pond; however, in most cases, you should schedule maintenance every three to five years.
Between maintenance and professional cleaning appointments, you can use netting to prevent debris accumulation. You should also ensure your pond has a proper filtration system and the right size pump. If you have fish, be sure you don’t overfeed them and that you ensure the population is healthy.
To learn more about how we can help you or schedule a pond or fountain service, complete our online contact form or call (970) 238-7884 today.
The technician was knowledgeable, pleasant, answered all my questions and worked through some issues of frozen ground and a frozen lid on the septic tank. I was very happy with the service.John P.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Our local business wants to make your service as convenient as possible, so we provide free estimates and walk you through every step of your service, answering your every septic question along the way. We have the specialized equipment and know-how to service properties both big and small—delivering solutions for homes and businesses alike. Our team is proud to serve our community throughout Durango and surrounding areas.
Contact Us Call us today or fill out the form below to schedule your septic service.
We'll Keep You Informed
We pride ourselves on our 5-star communication throughout the entire process. We believe clear communication is the key to a successful transaction.
Exceed All Expectations
Our job doesn’t end once we leave. We will provide you with a detailed analysis of the work we completed along with a map of where your septic is located. We will also provide you with a custom maintenance schedule to keep your system optimized for performance.
We place our reputation above all else. We will diagnose what services you need, perform the task you hired us to do and clean up after ourselves once the job is done.
Your Time is Valued
We value your time as much as ours. Our techs will send you a text message when they are 30 minutes away from your home. No more waiting around all day!