Looking for a Fun, Fast-Paced, Stable Job? Come Work at Mountain Septic!
Mountain Septic is a full-service septic company based in Durango, CO. We’re a small, close-knit team serving families in La Plata, Archuleta, and Montezuma counties, and we are currently looking to expand our team. Continue reading to learn about our benefits, open positions, and more.
Why Work at Mountain Septic?
Mountain Septic is a great place to work as we believe in keeping it simple: show up every day, work hard, and improve bit by bit each day.
We offer our employees:
- A friendly Work Environment - Everyone on our team is honest, hardworking, and easy to get along with, and we work to maintain a drama-free environment.
- Competitive Pay - Pay starts at $23/hour, and after 3 months, employees are eligible for a $2/hour raise. We also pay on a weekly basis via direct deposit.
- Support - We care about our team and working with us means that you’re more than just a number or faceless employee. Your success is our success.
- Comfortable Work Schedules - We don’t want anyone to be overworked or to miss out on living your life (i.e. making it to family events, enjoying life, etc.), which is why we maintain our business hours (Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
We are looking to hire technicians with CDL licenses (Class A or B). Applicants should be advised of the following requirements before applying.
To be considered, you must:
- Have a reliable vehicle that can get you to and from work.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Own a smartphone with cellular data.
- Be able to work up to 10 hours/day, completing physically demanding tasks.
- Uphold our standard of excellence by wowing customers, being a team player, and doing quality work (even when no one is watching).
- Have the ability to come up with creative solutions to solve problems.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be receptive to feedback.
- Be humble, genuine, and kind as our team dynamics are important to us.
- Be comfortable working solo, pumping 3-6 tanks per day (approximately 24 pumps per week).
Prior septic experience is a plus, but not required. We have a thorough, 2-week training program, and applicants with a great attitude and “hustle mentality” can be trained and turned into pro-technicians.
It is also important to note that federal law requires drug testing for CDL license holders, so applicants for CDL positions will be asked to submit to testing.
What Are the Typical Duties of a Septic Tank Driver/Technician?
Typically, a technician is responsible for a specific route or set of clients. Each day, their duties (or responsibilities) include transporting, loading, and unloading equipment need to provide septic tank pumping services. To pump a tank, you will sometimes need to dig to reach the tank/its pipes, haul hoses used for pumping, and lift a heavy (sometimes concrete) lid.
At Mountain Septic, we also offer clients the following services in the Durango and Southwest Colorado area (i.e. Bayfield, Aztec, and Farmington), which you may be expected to perform as needed.
- Septic inspection
- Septic repair and installation
- Septic line video scooping
All of these services require familiarity and/or comfortability with specialized equipment and tools, especially with:
- septic repairs and installations as they involve excavation (digging up) damaged leach fields and/or old tanks, and
- inspections as they require the use of special cameras to identify leaks or improper drainage.
Again, we offer training and consistent support, so if you need more training before excavation or CDL jobs, we will gladly offer it.