Mountain Septic understands that clean water starts at home and we want to make sure you are buying or selling with confidence. Recent laws have been updated requiring all septic systems to pass a “transfer of title” prior to closing on property here in La Plata County. Our team at Mountain Septic realizes this process can be confusing and frustrating, which is why we are here to make this process as easy as possible.
Transfer of Title Process:
- We will start by pulling the septic permit. Our first priority is to ensure that the septic permit exists and matches the assessors office description of the property. Having the number of bedrooms to the size of the tank will be important to the success of your inspection.
- Next, we will contact your client and conduct a brief questionnaire to ensure we have all the information we need to set up an appointment for their pumping and septic inspection.
- During the call with your client, we will go over the inspection and pumping process. We will also send them the Transfer of Title Application that they will need to fill out per SJBH.
- On our way! Your clients will be notified when our technicians are en route to perform the inspection and pumping.
- Once the pumping and septic inspection is completed, we will provide both you and your client with a copy of the inspection report and go over any issues that we may have found.
- Submission. After the report has been shared with you and your client, we will submit the inspection report and the application to SJBH for approval.
- Completion! We will monitor SJBH for the approval of the Transfer of Title. Informing you and your seller when the Transfer of Title has been accepted.
- Title Company. Once the transfer of title approval document has been uploaded to the SJBH website, we will send the approval document over to your preferred title company for closing.