Durango Septic Services
Septic systems are designed to move wastewater away from your property to help you maintain a safe and sanitary environment. This means that when your system is malfunctioning, it can contaminate your well and lead to illness and decreased property values. Luckily, our local team at Mountain Septic offers a comprehensive array of septic solutions for residential and commercial properties in Durango and Southwest Colorado. Our experienced and skilled septic technicians have the specialized equipment and knowledge to deliver high-quality septic inspection, pumping, and sewer line video scoping.
In addition to our septic services in Durango, we also provide the same level of expertise in several other locations, make sure to check them out!
To learn more about our septic services, or to schedule an appointment today, call us at (970) 903-2439.
5 Signs You Need Your Septic Tank Serviced
- Slow or gurgling drainage: If you hear gurgling noises after you flush a toilet or turn off a faucet, or you notice your drains are evacuating much slower than normal, it is a sign the tank is full and in need of pumping.
- Foul odors coming from your pipes: A sulfuric, sewage, or rotten egg smell coming from your pipes and getting more intense the closer you get to the septic tank is a clear indicator your septic system needs servicing.
- Unusually lush lawn: Have you noticed your grass is growing greener or faster around your septic tank? If so, it could indicate your tank is leaking fluid.
- Pooling water: Similar to the lush lawn issue, if you notice pooling water, it is a sign that your drain field might be clogged, or the system has reached capacity. This causes water to pool above ground.
- Sewage backup: There is no clearer sign that your septic system is malfunctioning or at capacity than seeing—and smelling—sewage buildup.
How to Maintain Your Septic Tank
One of the most common reasons for a failing or malfunctioning septic system is due to not pumping your tank enough. We generally recommend emptying your tank every two to three years based on the size of your property and the number of occupants. Adhering to this schedule and also being cautious about what you flush down the toilet, is the best way to save you money and headaches in the long run. Remember that our Durango septic tank services are reliable and our technicians will make sure you get the service you need. Make sure you take a look at our reviews!