What Is a Hydraulic Breaker & What Is It Used for?
A hydraulic breaker (or a percussion hammer or hydraulic jackhammer) is a mechanical device that can be attached to an excavator and used for demolition. The auxiliary hydraulic system in the excavator is what powers the equipment. These devices can demolish concrete, rocks, asphalt, stone, and other hard structures. While they are often used at construction sites, mines, and quarries, they can also be used at other sites to remove unwanted landscaping elements.
These breakers are preferred over other equipment used to break and remove rocks like blasting rock or lasers for many reasons, including:
- Breakers do not compromise the quality of the rocks or materials. If you want to sell or reuse the rocks after they are broken, you want them to be free of microcracks. While blasting often leads to fine cracks, breaks preserve the value of the rock.
- Breakers save maintenance and investment costs. Using a breaker, the operator can decide the fragmentation of the rock before starting, which can eliminate the need for more or larger crushers or other equipment.
- Breakers do not stop other work or production at a job site. With blasting or lasers, you will need to clear the area to ensure others are protected. However, breakers allow for continuous work, and people and other machinery do not need to be cleared away.
Recycling Demolished Concrete & Hammered Rock Materials
Using our rock-breaking equipment, we can help you remove an old driveway, road, or damaged concrete on your property. We can also help remove asphalt, hammered rocks, or other materials as needed. If you are undergoing a road work or repair job, we can also recycle and use these materials for that project, which can:
- Reduce or eliminate some trucking and transportation costs
- Reduce landfill space need
- Reduce material costs for the construction job
Why Work With Our Team?
Mountain Septic is the go-to team in the Durango area to handle your rock or material breakdown and/or recycling work. Here are just a few reasons why you can trust us to get the job done efficiently and correctly.
- The job isn’t done for us once the service is complete. Our technicians will provide you with a report outlining what service is done, what your next should be (if needed), and our recommendations for property or site maintenance.
- We offer affordable services. Mountain Septic is committed to offering customers competitive and affordable services.
- Customer satisfaction and relationships are one of our top priorities. We are committed to understanding our customers’ needs and expectations so we can exceed them and offer the best possible service.
- We pride ourselves on being excellent communicators. We want you to understand your options and our services as well as feel like you are being heard throughout the process. From start to finish, we will communicate with you throughout the process (from the time we are headed to your property to the completion of each step to the final stages).
- We are known for being knowledgeable and pleasant. Don’t just take our word for it; check out what past customers have had to say about Mountain Septic.
We'll Keep You Informed
We pride ourselves on our 5-star communication throughout the entire process. We believe clear communication is the key to a successful transaction.
Exceed All Expectations
Our job doesn’t end once we leave. We will provide you with a detailed analysis of the work we completed along with a map of where your septic is located. We will also provide you with a custom maintenance schedule to keep your system optimized for performance.
We place our reputation above all else. We will diagnose what services you need, perform the task you hired us to do and clean up after ourselves once the job is done.
Your Time is Valued
We value your time as much as ours. Our techs will send you a text message when they are 30 minutes away from your home. No more waiting around all day!
“The technician was knowledgeable, pleasant, answered all my questions and worked through some issues of frozen ground and a frozen lid on the septic tank. I was very happy with the service.”John P.