Getting an Inspection Today Could Save You Thousands of Dollars!
A septic system is responsible for removing and storing waste from a home. When something goes wrong with this system, it can cause a number of costly problems. Regular septic inspections can go a long way in preventing minor issues from turning into major repairs and premature replacement. Instead of waiting until something goes wrong, call Mountain Septic for a septic inspection in Durango today!
Here are a few things to look out for that indicate you should have a septic inspection:
- Standing water in your lawn over your septic system.
- Sogginess in your yard by the septic tank.
- Frequent and significant plumbing backups.
- Greener grass over your septic area.
- Sewer odors inside your home or in the yard.
- Slow-draining sinks, showers, and bathtubs.
What Does a Septic Inspection Involve?
The EPA recommends that you pump your septic tank every 3-5 years. However, we recommend every 2-3 years depending on your specific household usage. Homes with older tanks benefit from the regular inspections and pumpings to avoid any disasters. Although your system may appear to be operating properly, finding any hidden problems could save you lots of money and headaches in the future. Make sure to check out the rest of our septic services!
What to expect at your septic inspection:
- Visual Inspection. Your tech will first locate your septic system and make sure there are not obvious signs of improper drainage at your drain field. They are also looking for foul odors and very green grass.
- Water Levels: When inspecting the inside of the tank, your tech will make sure the tank is not suspiciously low. This could indicate a leak in the tank. Your tech will also make sure water reaches the tank in the appropriate time.
- Back Flows: Once the septic tank has been pumped, your inspector will make sure there are no back flow issues from the absorption area. This is also a good time to make sure there are no broken baffles in the tank that would obstruct any in/back flow of the tank.
- Final Approval: your tech will give you final approval of a properly functioning septic system or communicate the necessary repairs or modifications needed to bring the system up to code.
Following the inspection, you will receive a full report detailing the condition of your septic system, along with any recommendations regarding repair or replacement.
3 Benefits Of Septic Inspections:
- Know What To Expect Before Buying Your New Home Septic tank inspections can help you understand what you will need to do with the septic tank before you purchase a home. Knowing the age, is a safe distance from other water sources and other potential problems are good to be aware of before purchasing a home.
- Identify Problems
With septic tank inspections you can find and identify potential problems that need to be addressed. Finding out about these problems allow you to quickly fix them before they become big problems.
- Status Report
Having your septic tank inspected allows for you to find out how much gunk has built up in your septic system and when it needs to be serviced and pumped.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, call (970) 238-7884 for a professional septic tank inspection.
We'll Keep You Informed
We pride ourselves on our 5-star communication throughout the entire process. We believe clear communication is the key to a successful transaction.
Exceed All Expectations
Our job doesn’t end once we leave. We will provide you with a detailed analysis of the work we completed along with a map of where your septic is located. We will also provide you with a custom maintenance schedule to keep your system optimized for performance.
We place our reputation above all else. We will diagnose what services you need, perform the task you hired us to do and clean up after ourselves once the job is done.
Your Time is Valued
We value your time as much as ours. Our techs will send you a text message when they are 30 minutes away from your home. No more waiting around all day!
Septic Inspections for Real Estate Sales
Obtaining a septic inspection is not only a good idea for potential buyers but is now required to close successfully on a property. Accurate inspections can help to identify problems that a septic system may have such as broken pipes, leaky tanks or failing systems. Identifying these problems can help potential buyers to not get stuck paying costly repairs after their purchase. If you are in a real estate transaction, you can trust Mountain Septic for the most thorough septic inspections in Durango and Southwest Colorado. Make sure to check out our 5-star reviews as well as the myriad of other areas we serve!
Call (970) 238-7884 or contact us online to schedule an inspection of your septic system.
“The technician was knowledgeable, pleasant, answered all my questions and worked through some issues of frozen ground and a frozen lid on the septic tank. I was very happy with the service.”John P.
Contact US TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION.